Vulcanisation - a commonly used method of tyre repair
In this method, the addition of fillers and sulfur causes a conversion from rubber to rubber. A rubber stopper is inserted into the resulting hole or crack. After that, a vulcanising agent is applied to the plug and heated. As a result, rubber stoppers and tyres fuse together.
The repair of high-speed tyres is possible
In the past, repairs of high-speed tyres were not allowed. Only tyres with a maximum speed of 130 mph ("H") were allowed to be repaired. Of course, as with any tyre, it depends on the location and degree of damage. We can certainly repair a performance tyre for you as well, but the last decision whether to repair a high-speed tyre stays with the workshop experts and the tyre manufacturers (some manufacturers do not allow for their tyres Wolverhampton to be repaired).
How to act after a puncture
- Never remove objects from the tyre.
- If you keep the nail etc. in, the air will more likely remain in the tyre!
- Change the tyre immediately.
- If the tyre change is not possible immediately, drive to the next petrol station and add more air to the tyre. Then drive slowly to the workshop.
A repair is no longer possible if:
- The side wall (not the tread) has been damaged
- The inner sides of the tyre was damaged
- The hole or crack is larger than 6mm
- A sealant/DIY repair kit was used previously to seal the tyre
Cheap tyre puncture repair Wolverhampton - Junction 11 Motors
Please don't worry too much if one of your car's tyres is damaged. Chances are good; we can repair the tyre for you for very little money. Just come to see us. No appointment needed.